METAL DETECTION FOR THE SAUSAGE INDUSTRY
METAL SHARK® COMBI
- Precise metal detection due to multi-segment sensor for particularly flat products
- Highest sensitivity through 4-quadrant technology
- Rotating sensor traverse adapts perfectly even to vertical or inclined product flow
- Freely selectable widths up to 7 m and more
- Intuitive control and easy installation with auto-calibration and TeachAssistant
- Maintenance-free due to automatic balance and calibration control
- Maximum inspection performance with highest reliability in the entire detection area due to 4-quadrant technology
- Detects iron from 0.5 mm and stainless steel from 0.9 mm with its position in a defined area of the fabric
- Simple setup with TeachAssistant
- Documentation of all events and metal messages
- Memory for up to 250 products
- Optional: Data transfer to USB interface or connection to the company network via SHARKNET® software
- Easy to use with intuitive and multilingual menus
- 4-level password system, automatic log out after time lapse
- Cyclical function monitoring with Performance Validation System (PVS)
The METAL SHARK® COMBI is a rotatable multi-segment sensor that is typically used over very flat products such as fiber wood, plastic boards, fabric or nonwoven, paper or plastic webs.
It detects the smallest metal particles from 0.5 mm and locates their position in defined segments of the fabric.
The METAL SHARK® COMBI is available for widths up to 7,000 mm and more. It can also be operated without problems in humid workplaces with ambient temperatures from -10˚C to +40˚C and product temperatures up to 90°C.
Digital signal processor, digital frequency generation, digital balance control, automatic calibration, digital noise filters, integrated flexible control functions.
24 V DC relay or optocoupler, e.g. for product speed (rotary encoder or analog control signal), reset, metal, error, product light barrier, roll change.
Potential-free changeover contacts: e.g. error, metal, excess temperature warning, individual metal message per sensor field.
High-frequency magnetic field, multi-channel operation, balanced receiver coils.
Ferrous, non-ferrous (e.g. aluminium, lead etc.) and stainless steel.
250 memory spaces, automatic product compensation, with TeachAssistant
Controller: IP54, Sensors: IP65
-10°C to +40°C / +14°F to 104°F, option: up to +55°C / +131°F rel. humidity 20% to 90% non-condensing
-30°C to +90°C / -22°F to +194°F
Up to +90°C / +194°F
230V AC +/-5%, 50/60Hz, 4A (8A max.) or 400V AC +/-5%, 50/60Hz, 4A (10A max.))
RS232, LAN (optional, for SHARKNET)
Maintenance-free, sensors calibrate themselves
Integrated diagnostic software, automatic self-test
Accessories & Extras
The METAL SHARK® COMBI can be perfectly adapted to your production by various special designs and accessories. Different numbers of sensor plates and widths um to 7,000 mm are possible as well as swiveling traverse arms or an adjustable travrse height.
For your audit reliability, a Performance Verification Certificate can be issued by CASSEL service technicians during commissioning or maintenance.
- Detection unit COMBI consisting of rotatable cross beam with flat plate sensors and suspension, width and number of sensors individually adapted
- Control unit METAL SHARK®, PC with Windows Pro, 15″ monitor and keyboard in control cabinet
- Individual support construction in adapted height, optionally available with vertically lowerable traverse or with lever arms
- Monitoring flat products like webs or plates
- Quality assurance for incoming goods, outgoing goods or during running production
- Machine and customer protection
- Detection of broken needles and other metal parts in the textile and nonwoven industry
Further information for download:
Further information can be found in the data sheet which is available here for download as PDF.