METAL DETECTOR FOR PLATES AND WEBS
METAL SHARK® COMBI TU
- Detects metal contaminants in plates and webs
- Precise metal detection with multi-segment sensor saves valuable material
- Highest sensitivity through 4-quadrant technology
- Intuitive control and easy setup with autocalibration and Teach Assistant
- Maintenance-free through automatic balance and calibration control
- Maximum inspection performance with highest reliability in the entire detection area due to 4-quadrant technology
- Sensitivity: Detects iron from 0.6 mm and stainless steel from 0.7 mm
- Simple setup with TeachAssistant
- Documentation of all events and metal messages
- Memory spaces for up to 250 products
- Optional: Data transfer to USB interface or connection to the company network via SHARKNET® software
- Cyclical function monitoring with Performance Validation System (PVS)
- Easy to use with intuitive and multilingual menus
- 4-level password system, automatic log out after time lapse
- Detects the position of the metal contamination in the fabric
The METAL SHARK® COMBI TU is a multi-segment sensor typically used over fabric, non-woven or paper webs as well as plates of different materials. It detects the smallest metal particles from 0.6 mm and localizes their position in defined segments of the product.
The METAL SHARK® COMBI TU is suitable for widths up to 5 m/16.6 ft and more available. It can be easily operated in humid environments with ambient temperatures from -10˚C to +40˚C and product temperatures up to 65°C.
Digital signal processor, digital frequency generation, digital balance control, automatic calibration, digital noise filters, integrated flexible control functions
2 analogue 0…10 VDC (option: 4-20 mA), 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for encoders, product recognition, buttons
2 potential-free changeover contacts: “Error” and “Metal”, 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. solenoid valve, optical/acoustic alarm
High-frequency magnetic field, multi-channel operation, balanced receiver coils
Iron, non-ferrous (e.g. aluminium, lead etc.) and stainless steel
250 memory spaces, automatic product compensation, with TeachAssistant
IP 65, optional IP66 or IP67
Standard: -10° C up to +40° C, rel. humidity 30% to 80% (non-condensing), option: down to -40° C or up to +55° C
Standard: -30° C up to +40° C, optional: -40° C or up to +60° C
1 phase 110-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 20 W typ. (60 W max.)
230V AC +/-5%, 50/60Hz, 4A (8A max.) or 400V AC +/-5%, 50/60Hz, 4A (10A max.))
RS232, LAN (optional, for SHARKNET), USB (optional)
Maintenance-free, sensors calibrate themselves
Integrated diagnostic software, automatic self-test
1,000 mm to 5,000 mm (standard), up to 7,000 mm (optional)
28 mm net, The maximum panel thickness of the product depends on the thickness of the product and the deflection, the sum of which must not exceed the net passage height. Example: Net passage height 28 mm – panel thickness 8 mm = max. 20 mm panel deflection
FE 0.6 mm, Al 0.8 mm, SS 0.7 mm - (The sensitivities are highly dependent on the environment in which a metal detector is installed. The sensitivities mentioned here should therefore only be considered as guide values).
Accessories & Extras
The METAL SHARK® COMBI can be perfectly adapted to your production by various special designs and accessories. Different numbers of sensor plates and widths um to 7,000 mm are possible as well as swiveling traverse arms or an adjustable travrse height.
For your audit reliability, a Performance Verification Certificate can be issued by CASSEL service technicians during commissioning or maintenance.
- Detection unit (sensor) COMBI TU with freely selectable number of detection units and widths from 2 to 7 m
- Controller METAL SHARK®, PC with Windows Pro, 15″ monitor and keyboard in control cabinet
- Products that are conveyed in webs or plates
- Quality assurance for incoming goods, outgoing goods or during running production
- Machine and/or product protection in panel processing
- Detection of broken needles and other metal parts in the textile and nonwoven industry
Further information for download:
Further information can be found in the data sheet which is available here for download as PDF.