METAL DETECTOR FOR LARGE PRODUCTS
METAL SHARK® BIG
- Sturdy aluminium design – particularly robust and weatherproof with short metal-free zone
- Ideal protection for hackers and OSB flakers
- High search performance and noise immunity through 4-quadrant technology, even better with Power Drive option
- Maintenance-free: automatic calibration and automatic balance control
- Easy installation and intuitive operation
- Remote control and remote maintenance (option SHARKNET®) with documentation of all settings, metal messages etc.
- Aperture width standard up to 2 m x 1.6 m (other sizes on request)
- Documentation of all events and metal messages
- Maximum detection performance with highest reliability in the entire detection area due to 4-quadrant technology
- Remote control and remote maintenance via the company network using SHARKNET® software (option)
- Extended temperature range down to -40°C / -40°F with specially adapted sensor and specially equipped control unit (option)
- 4-level password system, automatic logoff after time lapse
- Easy setup with TeachAssistant
- Easy to use with intuitive and multilingual menus
- Memory for up to 250 products
The METAL SHARK® BIG with rectangular opening is specially designed for large products such as logs, bales or recycled wood. It detects iron, stainless steel, aluminium etc. precisely and reliably even under difficult conditions.
Thanks to its robust design, it is particularly suitable for industrial use on rough terrain. The typical installation is in a trough conveyor with flat belt, or in a specially prepared vibratory conveyor.
Digital signal processor, digital frequency generation, digital balance control, automatic calibration, digital noise filters, integrated flexible control functions
2 analog 0…10 V DC (option: 4-20 mA), 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for encoders, product recognition, buttons
2 floating: “error” and “metal”, 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. solenoid valve, optical/acoustic alarm
High-frequency magnetic field, multi-channel operation, balanced receiver coils
Ferrous, non-ferrous (e.g. tombac, brass, bronze, aluminium, lead etc.) and stainless steel
250 memory locations, automatic product compensation, with TeachAssistant
-30°C to +40°C / -22°F to +104°F (UL version: -20°C to +40°C / -4°F to +104°F), option: to -40°C / -40°F or +55°C / +131°F, rel. humidity 20% to 90% non-condensing; >95% relative humidity (condensing) with closed switch cabinet
up to 70°C / 158°F
1 phase 110-230 V AC +/- 5% 20 W typ. (60 W max.)
RS232, LAN (optional, for SHARKNET®), USB (optional)
Maintenance-free, sensors calibrate themselves
Integrated diagnostic software, automatic self-test
Accessories & Extras
The METAL SHARK® BIG can be perfectly adapted to your production with various special designs and accessories.
Different temperature requirements are taken into account as well as complicated product requirements for metal detection.
- Detection unit (sensor) COMBI TU with freely selectable number of detection units and widths from 2 to 7 m
- Controller METAL SHARK®, PC with Windows Pro, 15″ monitor and keyboard in control cabinet
- Products that are conveyed in webs or plates
- Quality assurance for incoming goods, outgoing goods or during running production
- Machine and/or product protection in panel processing
- Detection of broken needles and other metal parts in the textile and nonwoven industry
Further information for download:
Further information can be found in the data sheet which is available here for download as PDF.