METAL DETECTOR FOR WIDE BUT THIN PRODUCTS
METAL SHARK® BIG RD
- Perfectly suited to the monitoring of entire timber logs
- Sturdy aluminium design
particularly robust, weatherproof, with short metal-free zone
- Highest detection performance and noise immunity
4-quadrant technology, Power Drive option
automatic calibration and automatic balance control
- Easy installation and intuitive operation
- Remote control and remote maintenance (SHARKNET® option) with documentation of all settings, metal alarms etc.
- Standard opening width up to 1.6 m (other sizes on request)
- Maximum search performance with hig-hest reliability in the entire detection area due to 4-quadrant technology
- Maintenance-free with automatic balance and calibration control
- Simple setup with TeachAssistant
- Easy to use with intuitive and multilingual menus
- Memory for up to 250 products
- Documentation of all events and metal messages
- Optional: Data transfer to USB interface or connection to the company network via SHARKNET® software
- Extended temperature range down to -40°C with specially adapted sensor and specially equipped control unit (option)
- 4-level password system, automatic log out after time lapse
- Cyclical function monitoring with Performance Validation System (PVS)
The METAL SHARK® BIG RD has been developed directly for industrial applications in the timber industry and sawmills.
The detector detects magnetic and non-magnetic metal contaminants (iron, tombac, brass, stainless steel, etc.) precisely and reliably even under difficult conditions.
Due to its round shape it is ideal for monitoring logs for metal parts such as shrapnel, bullet fragments, nails, screws, etc.
It is typically installed in troughed conveyor belts.
Digital signal processor, digital frequency generation, digital balance control, automatic calibration, digital noise filters, integrated flexible control functions
2 analog 0…10 V DC (option: 4-20 mA), 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for encoders, product recognition, buttons
2 floating: “error” and “metal”, 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. solenoid valve, optical/acoustic alarm
High-frequency magnetic field, multi-channel operation, balanced receiver coils
Iron, non-ferrous (e.g. tombac, brass, bronze, aluminium, lead etc.) and stainless steel
250 memory spaces, automatic product compensation, with TeachAssistant
Standard: -30°C to +40°C / -22°F to +104°F, UL version: -20°C to +40°C / -4°F to +104°F, Optionally: to -40°C / +40°F or +55°C / +122°F, rel. humidity 20% to 90% non-condensing, >95% relative humidity (condensing) with closed switch cabinet
up to +70°C / +158°F
1 phase 110-230 V AC +/- 5% 20 W typ. (60 W max.)
RS232, LAN (optional, for SHARKNET®), USB (optional)
Maintenance-free, sensors calibrate themselves
Integrated diagnostic software, automatic self-test
Accessories & Extras
The METAL SHARK® BIG RD can be perfectly adapted to your production by various special designs and accessories.
Different temperature requirements are taken into account as well as complicated product requirements for metal detection.
- Detection unit (sensor) BIG RD
- Controller METAL SHARK® in switch cabinet
- Protection of processing machines from metal parts
- Monitoring of large products – especially suitable for tree trunks
- Monitoring of bulk materials like wood chips
- Use preferably on troughed conveyor belts
Further information for download:
Further information can be found in the data sheet which is available here for download as PDF.