METAL DETECTOR FOR WIDE BUT THIN PRODUCTS
METAL SHARK® BIG pba
- Specially designed for the monitoring of wood, fibre boards or any wide but thin product
- AutoSens technology for automatic adjustment of the sensitivity to the mat height
- Maintenance-free with automatic balance and calibration control
- Durable aluminium design: particularly robust and easy to clean
- Highest sensitivity with 4-quadrant technology
- Autocalibration and Teach Assistant for intuitive control and easy installation
- Aperture widths from 1 m to 5 m as a standard (further sizes on request)
- Maximum search performance with hig-hest reliability in the entire detection area due to 4-quadrant technology
- Simple setup with TeachAssistant
- Easy to use with intuitive and multilingu-al menus
- Memory for up to 250 products
- 4-level password system, automatic log out after time lapse
- Documentation of all events and metal messages
- Optional: Data transfer to USB interface or connection to the company network via SHARKNET® software
- Extended temperature range down to -40°C with specially adapted sensor and specially equipped control unit (option)
- Cyclical function monitoring with Performance Validation System (PVS)
The METAL SHARK® BIG pba with rectangular opening at a rather low opening height is especially designed for monitoring fibre mats, MDF, OSC or chipboard as well as other panel materials.
The typical installation takes place around a conveyor belt with flat belt.
Using 3D detection technology, it detects magnetic and non-magnetic metal contaminants (iron, stainless steel, aluminium etc.) precisely and reliably even under difficult conditions.
Digital signal processor, digital frequency generation, digital balance control, automatic calibration, digital noise filters, integrated flexible control functions
2 analog 0…10 V DC (option: 4-20 mA) 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for encoders, product recognition, buttons
2 floating: “error” and “metal“ 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for optic/acoustic alarm
High-frequency magnetic field, multi-channel mode, balanced receiver coils
Iron, non-ferrous (e.g. aluminium or copper) and stainless steel
Memory for up to 250 products, compensation performend automatically, with TeachAssistant
Standard: -10°C to +40°C / +14°F to +104°F Optionionally: up to +55° C / 140°F rel. humidity 20% to 90% non-condensing >95% relative humidity (condensing) with closed switch cabinet
One phase 110-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, typ. consumption 20 W (max. 60 W)
RS232, provides documentation according to HACCP- and IFS-standard, USB- or ethernet option
Maintenance-free, selfcalibrating sensors
Integrated diagnostic software, automatic self-test
Accessories & Extras
The METAL SHARK® BIG pba can be perfectly adapted to your production with various special designs and accessories.
Different temperature requirements are taken into account as well as complicated product requirements for metal detection.
- Detection unit (sensor) BIG pba
- Control unit METAL SHARK® in stainless steel housing
- Protection of tools and machines from metal parts such as nails or screws
- Monitoring of particularly large, flat products on metal e.g. MDF or chipboard, cardboard or paper as well as their preliminary products
Further information for download:
Further information can be found in the data sheet which is available here for download as PDF.