METAL DETECTOR FOR CONVEYORS
METAL SHARK® BD
- Reliably detects metals in packaged and upackaged products on conveyor belts
- High sensitivity in dry, moist, salty or frozen goods with 3D detection
- Easy setup and intuitive operation due to auto-calibration and TeachAssistant
- Maintenance-free design with automatic and continuous calibration of detector coils
- BRC-Kit option: Conformity with the Global Standard of the British Retail Consortium (BRC) for food safety
- Special models: UltraSens for even better sensitivity, Ferrous-in-foil for metal inspection of goods in aluminium bags or trays or Twinhead model to overcome orientation effects
- Maximum detection performance with highest reliability in the entire detection area due to 4-quadrant technology
- Documentation of all events and metal messages
- Stable against temperature or product changes through 3D detection
- Simple setup with TeachAssistant for different product types (salty, sweet, dry, wet etc.)
- IFS and HACCP reports (metal alarm, batch, product, technical status of detector and all changes) available on the display at the touch of a button
- Performance Validation System (PVS) regularly reminds you of necessary performance validation with different metals and sphere sizes
- Optional: Data transfer to USB interface or connection to the company network via SHARKNET® software
- Memory locations for up to 250 products
- Easy to use with intuitive and multilingual menus
- 4-level password system, automatic log out after time lapse
- Available as a system solution with additional devices
Metal detector METAL SHARK® BD is used free-standing or combined with conveyor belts or chutes. Using 3D detection technology, it detects the smallest magnetic and non-magnetic metal contaminants (iron, stainless steel, aluminium etc.) precisely and reliably even under difficult conditions.
The robust, closed stainless steel housing is easy to clean and therefore ideally suited to the food industry.
Digital signal processor, digital frequency generation, digital balance control, automatic calibration, digital noise filters, integrated flexible control functions
2 analog 0…10 VDC (option: 4-20 mA) 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for encoders, product recognition, buttons
2 floating: “error” and “metal” 8 freely configurable 24 V DC signals, e.g. for metal or start conveyor belt
High-frequency magnetic field, multi-channel operation, balanced receiver coils
Ferrous, non-ferrous (e.g. aluminum or copper) and stainless steel
250 memory locations, TeachAssistant
IP 65, with optional IP66 or IP69k
Standard: -20° C to +40° C, (-4° F to +104° F) rel. humidity 20% up to 90% (non-condensing), > 95% (condensing) with closed control cabinet Optionally: -40° C or +55° C (-40° F or +131° F)
Standard: -30° C to +55° C (-22° F to +131°F) Optionally: -40° C to +120° C (-40° F to 248° F)
1 phase 110-230 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 20 W typ. (60 W max.)
RS232, optional USB and/or Ethernet (SHARKNET) for HACCP and IFS documentation
Maintenance-free, self-calibrating sensors
Integrated diagnostics software for constant selfmonitoring. EMI display pinpoints frequency of interfering signals. This allows for precise filtering of interference, which results in improved detection and fewer false rejects. Remote maintenance and full diagnostics are reportable via Internet.
Accessories & Extras
The METAL SHARK® BD can be perfectly adapted to your production by various special designs and accessories. Different temperature or hygiene requirements are taken into account as well as complicated product requirements for metal detection.
For your audit reliability, a Performance Verification Certificate can be issued by CASSEL service technicians during commissioning or maintenance.
- Detection unit (sensor) BD
- Controller METAL SHARK®
- Monitoring of packaged and unpackaged goods on conveyor belts
- Quality assurance for incoming goods, outgoing goods or during running production
- Machine protection, e.g. in meat processing
Further information for download:
Further information can be found in the data sheet which is available here for download as PDF.